Write Your Destiny
Join Minds Matter, and join our next generation of graduates, 100% of whom have gotten into a four-year college with scholarships. With world-class programs, dedicated mentors, and partnerships with colleges and universities across Colorado, Minds Matter Denver will help you succeed!
Do you want to go to college?
Are you a promising and ambitious 9th grade student?
- Take college-ready courses?
- Have a 3.5 GPA or higher (unweighted)?
- Qualify for the free/reduced lunch program?
- Hunger for a college education?
- Demonstrate strong motivation, maturity, and responsibility?
If so, apply by completing the forms below! (You MUST submit a student application, teacher recommendation, counselor / adult reference, and a parent form to be considered).
WILL YOU COMMIT TO YOUR FUTURE?
If you are accepted, you are expected to:
- Make a 3-year commitment to Minds Matter
- Maintain a high GPA (3.25+ unweighted)
- Communicate regularly with your mentors and co-mentee
- Attend sessions and complete all assignments – this may require additional work between sessions!
- Apply to and attend residential summer programs on a college campus after both 10th and 11th grade (typically 3-4 weeks)
- Apply to at least 10 colleges and 20 scholarships
- Uphold the Minds Matter Denver values:
- We’re Entrepreneurial
- We value growth and achievement
- We care about the whole person
- We have fun
- We’re all in for Minds Matter!
Links to mentee applications
AND if all that wasn’t convincing enough, take a look at Dunya and Julia.
Dunya arrived to the United States from Ethiopia shortly before she began high school. Her family did all they could to help her attempt to catch up with her English-speaking peers before she enrolled in classes, but with learning a new language as a major barrier, she appeared to be shy and uneducated to the world around her when she was in fact anything but. Her teachers quickly found that obstacles were no match for her work ethic. She crushed it in math and science and only needed supplemental English classes for one year.
After her freshman year, she was selected by the Minds Matter program. There, she was paired with two dedicated mentors. One of them was Julia, an accountant at a large firm, who saw Dunya’s talent with numbers and encouraged her to follow a similar path. Over the next three years, Dunya and Julia developed a personal connection that extended through mentoring activities and Minds Matter events as well as friendly outings and family gatherings. Near the end of her three years in Minds Matter, Dunya was accepted to several colleges, offered scholarships, and chose to attend Colorado State University. She excelled in college just as she did in high school. During her junior year of college, Dunya was offered a prestigious internship.
To both of their surprise, this internship was at Julia’s firm. When Julia received the news, she raced down to the office with tears of pride and excitement in her eyes.
All their years of hard work had come to fruition. Thanks to her dedication, talent, and references, Dunya was ultimately hired at the firm. Julia and Dunya’s mentorship has lasted long past the three-year commitment required by Minds Matter, and it serves as an example of the life-long impact that our program can have in the lives of both the mentee and the mentor.