Become a Mentor And make minds matter.
Are you looking for a way to invest in the community and make a meaningful impact?
Do you desire to help people go further than they ever believed they could?
Would you like to build a strong professional network and develop long-lasting relationships?
Then mentoring with Minds Matter could be for you.
Minds Matter mentors commit to:
- Three years of weekly sessions during the school year (currently on Mondays), for about three hours (a little before 6:00 pm – a little after 8:30 pm)
- Their students, helping them navigate through school applications, essay-writing, financial aid, college entrance exams and other life skills critical to college and career success
Minds Matter is special because we provide our students:
- Mentorships for three years from two adult mentors
- College prep programs after-school for three years
- Summer programs at no cost to the students, after 10th and 11th grades
We work with students at three locations:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
- George Washington High School
- West High School
After completing a rigorous application and interview process in the spring of their 9th grade year, accepted students attend our weekly program after-school from 10th to 12th grade. Our students are serious, and we hold our mentors to the same standard. We are intentional and selective about who we choose to pair with our students, and are dedicated to providing high quality mentors to our program participants. The application process and the program itself require drive from students and dedication from mentors. If you are willing to put in the effort, being a mentor can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.